The competition rules
The competition is open to anyone who works in the Thames Valley area – defined as Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire and Surrey.
- Applicants must be able to attend a selection process interview if required and must be available for the finals day on 16th November 2017 and the HWYE Mastermind day on 22nd February 2018.
- You must have been running a business for profit or for charitable purposes for at least a year – we aren’t looking for business ideas, or school business projects.
- Only one entry per business and you must be able to provide sound financial information.
- Entries must be received by midnight on 30th September 2017.
- Entries are only accepted via the application form on this site.
- The upper age limit is 35 (entrants with their 36th birthday on or before 31st July 2017 will not be eligible).
- There is no lower age limit.
- The applicant must be the principal or one of the principal business owners and directors.
- For businesses with more than one key person, all of them must be eligible under the age rules and must have been involved with the foundation of the business.
- In circumstances where there is a director who exceeds the age rules, they must not play a day-to-day role in the running of the business.
- Entrants under 18 will need the permission of a parent or guardian, who must accompany them to any adjudication days.
- Expenses to adjudication days, if invited, are not payable.
- Entrants agree to being featured in publicity related to the competition – however, we do recognise business confidentiality issues and won’t publish any detailed, sensitive information.
- The judges’ decision will be final – no correspondence will be entered into.
- Employees of Haines Watts and their close relatives are not eligible to enter.