Terms & Conditions of entry for the Haines Watts Thames Valley Young Entrepreneur of the Year competition
- If the business is a limited company or partnership, all directors or partners must be no older than aged 35 or under on the 31st July 2017 (older non-executive directors of businesses are allowed but must not play a part in the day-to-day running of the business);
- Applicants must be a UK resident (including sole traders, all partners or directors) and be able to provide proof of such;
- Applicants must have a legal business operating in the UK;
- Haines Watts reserves the right to make changes and corrections to these terms and conditions and the rules at any time, without notice or compensation. Any changes will be posted on this website and it is your responsibility as a user to ensure that you are aware of any such changes.
- Haines Watts may reasonably extend the closing date for applications.
- You will not upload, display or transmit any material via the Haines Watts’ websites, or provide any other evidence as part of your application, which you know or ought reasonably to know is false, offensive, defamatory, threatening, obscene, unlawful or infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
- You will not seek to disrupt, interfere with or restrict the use of the Haines Watts Young Entrepreneur of the Year competition by any party.
- Haines Watts have the right to either remove, or not proceed with, any application and do not need to provide reasons.
The prize fund is capped at £5,000 and will be provided at the discretion of the Haines Watts partner assigned to the overall Young Entrepreneur of the Year competition winner. The winner will receive prizes up to and not exceeding this sum during the 12-month period from the date of the finals. However, the winner may receive prizes during the period at a value less than this sum and there is no obligation for Haines Watts to make up this difference either financially or to carry over the balance of the fund to the next 12-month period. Prizes making up the fund may comprise some of, but not exclusively, the following items and services.
- £250 regional winner’s prize
- £1000 total overall Young Entrepreneur of the Year winner’s prize (including £250 regional winner’s prize)
- Mentoring sessions at a value of £250 (plus VAT) per hour
- Provision of general business advice
- Provision of general accountancy and tax advice
The services making up this prize will be costed on a time spent basis using the prevailing charge-out rates.
If you win the local finals or regional final you will agree to;
- Co-operate with Haines Watts to announce your success and allow the reasonable use of your details and photographs in Haines Watts’ marketing or promotional material on its websites or otherwise.
Haines Watts shall not be liable to you for any act or omission of the judges and/or judging panel.
Haines Watts shall not be liable to you under, or in connection with, these terms and conditions and the rules for any indirect, economic or consequential loss or for any loss of profits, loss of business, loss of contracts, loss of use or loss of reputation.
The promoter is Haines Watts.