We’ve put together 10 tips for successful start-ups:
- Make sure you have a strong company identity and ethos.
- Do your research. Ensure you know as much as possible about your chosen business sector, check out your competitors and find a way to differentiate your business from theirs.
- Be inspired and learn from others’ mistakes. There are many successful entrepreneurs online who have shared their experiences – the good and the bad.
- Keep and act on an up-to-date business plan and set realistic targets.
- Ask for help from people who have the strengths you lack.
- Keep small and simple to start with – don’t waste money on things you don’t need.
- Keep cash in the business. Cash is king.
- Market your company as much as possible using multiple channels, as appropriate to your business and customers.
- If you’re looking to grow take advice on funding – there are a variety of ways to find finance these days, as well as going to banks.
- Entering competitions can be a great way to promote your company – especially if you win!
Have you entered the HWYE competition yet? Read the details at www.hwye.co.uk